Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rich Day 15

Today was our last day on level 1. I thought it would be easy since the last 2 days have been a breeze but I forgot that I agreed to do the remaining level 1 workouts with Rihanna's music in the background instead of listening to Jillian on the DVD. We had already completed the workout on day 12 the same way but for some reason I couldn't concentrate this morning without hearing Jillian's awesome motivational encouragement. When I am working out, I don't actually watch the girls on the t.v. I just listen for Jillian to give me the cue that the exercise is about to be over. When she gives me the final countdown, I push myself harder for those last few reps. The problem with listening to music instead of Jillian is that I don't hear those cues. So instead, I'm over here doing push ups for an extra 10 to 15 seconds while they are already on the lunge curls. I know it doesn't sound like a long time, but those 10 seconds are added to the 3 minutes we already spent on strength..actually, I think the lunge curl is another strength exercise. See!! I DON'T know the order of these exercises. I guess I was just trying to move on to the next circuit until the exercise was over.

So if you couldn't guess, I asked Ali to turn off the Rihanna music so I could listen to my girl. And by ask, I mean I turned off Rihanna and turned up Jillian. Then all of a sudden, once the first circuit was over I was able to do the rest of the exercise on auto pilot so I told Ali she could turn Rihanna back on because I didn't need to listen to Jillian any longer. She didn't want to hear any of that because she thought I was being difficult instead of being out of shape. So needless to say, we had a lover's quarrel this morning about the Rihanna music and I felt horrible because I pride myself on being able to adapt to change. For some reason, I couldn't break my routine this morning of listening to Jillian's orders. I guess I just need to get back to that self motivation I have of being able to do something because I can! Yes, I think I'm quoting Stuart Smiley here...

The next 2 weeks are going to be the true challenge because we are going to stick with level 2 and 3 only. I know we can do it and before we know it, the 30 days are going to be over. Then we get to decide whether we want to continue with this DVD or change up to the next level.. P90X!!

No comments:

Post a Comment