Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Rich Day 23

I just looked at myself in the mirror and I'm back to believing in this 30 day shred. Really, any exercise program would have done the same thing. All I needed was some reason to get my lazy butt off the couch but I definitely feel like I'm pushing myself to complete each day's exercise.

Now that I'm comfortable with the level 2 challenge I have started to modify some of the exercises. Instead of doing just the back exercises, I'm pushing the weights towards the chest while I'm bringing them back. This is taking the place of the lack of push ups that we were doing in level 1. The walking push ups really aren't that hard and by the time it's over we have only done about 10 push ups total. The hard part is still the strength exercises where we are lifting the weights for literally 500 times in our shoulders and by the time the entire exercise is over I can't lift my arms one more time. We both hate the final strength exercise and I think we might be phoning that one in. Then the worst part is the final ab exercise is not on our back like the rest of the ab exercises but instead we are on our hands and feet and doing some kind of side lunge exercise where we lift our knees side to side and work our oblique muscles. Doesn't Jillian know I need to rest during the ab exercises??!

All said, I am looking forward to level 3 because this means we are almost done!!! We have gone through 7 hours and 20 minutes of the 30 day shred and we only have 2 hours and 40 minutes left.I don't know what's worse, seeing how many hours are left or seeing how many days are left. Even worse, how sad is it that we haven't even completed an entire day's worth of time for our exercise?

No comments:

Post a Comment